The Women's Specialist Health Clinic at The Alfred
This clinic has been established to meet the women's health needs of the Alfred Health patients as well as women in the community who need access to specialised care.
We offer specialist health care for women experiencing a range of hormone related conditions.
All women are seen by an endocrinologist with expertise in women's health and are bulk billed. The doctors fees [medicare payments] are transferred to the Monash University Women's Health Research Program and used to support medical research in women's health.
*** Please note that a referral is required to attend this clinic ***For appointments: 03 9076 3795Fax referrals: 03 9076 6932
Women's Health Specialist ClinicPrivate Consulting SuitesGround Floor, Centre BlockThe Alfred 55 Commercial RoadMelbourne Vic 3004
The conditions we manage include, but are not limited to:
- Polysystic ovarian syndrome
- Loss of menstruation [primary / secondary amenorrhoea]
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Excess body hair [hirsutism]
- Management of hormone deficiency symptoms
- Hormone therapy
- Non-hormonal management of menopausal symptoms
- Premature ovarian failure
- Bone loss [osteopenia and osteoporosis
Female Sexual Dysfunction
- Low libido
- Treatment for low libido
Other general hormonal conditions affecting women