Please scroll down for archived years
Stata workshop for Registry Science 7th & 9th December 2016
This two-day workshop is designed specifically for those interested in the use of Stata to analyse data from longitudinal studies such as clinical registries, routinely collected data and even cohort studies. The first day includes an introduction to Stata and data management topics. The second day follows through with more advanced statistical models that would be useful for longitudinal data.
A basic knowledge of Stata would be helpful but is not a pre-requisite for this course.
The target audience is anyone working on the analysis and reporting of data from clinical registries and other longitudinal study designs.
Venue: The School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, The Alfred Centre, Lvl 5, Seminar room 2, Melbourne Vic 3004.
Workshop dates: Wednesday 7th and Friday 9th December 2016
Workshop time: 9:00am - 5.00pm daily (Registration opens at 8:45am on day 1)
Cost: $750 for the two-day course (inclusive of GST)
Monash staff and student payments via internal transfer are GST exclusive. Email cost centre, fund source to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quota reached. Waitlist applies; email: email@example.com.
Emergency Medicine Research Short Course Semester 1, 2017
- Introduction to research methods used in observational studies
- Practical skills required in the design and assessment of a research project
Protocol design, including study type selection, introduction to questionnaire design, sampling methods, and ethics approval
- Planning data management and statistical analysis and developing a study budget
- Introduction to the role of qualitative research
Evidence Based Medicine
- Appropriately formulate answerable clinical questions
- Scientific literature search
- Critical appraisal of scientific literature and evidence based guidelines
- Application of research to clinical practice
- Barriers to changing practice
When: 5 month course commences Monday 27th February 2017
Venue: School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, The Alfred Centre, Melbourne VIC 3004.
Compulsory block days:
Block days 1: Monday 6 & Tuesday 7 March 2017 9am-5pm
Block days 2: Monday 29 & Tuesday 30 May 2017 9am-5pm
Enquiries to Jess Callaghan - email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 3 9903 0305.