Please scroll down for archived years
Save the date: Data linkage all day seminar 5th August 2016
Venue: The Alfred Medical Research and Education Precinct (AMREP) lecture theatre, 75 Commercial Rd, The Alfred, Melbourne Vic 3004.
Seminar date: Friday 5th August 2016
Emergency Medicine Research Short Course Semester 2, 2016
- Introduction to research methods used in observational studies
- Practical skills required in the design and assessment of a research project
Protocol design, including study type selection, introduction to questionnaire design, sampling methods, and ethics approval
- Planning data management and statistical analysis and developing a study budget
- Introduction to the role of qualitative research
Evidence Based Medicine
- Appropriately formulate answerable clinical questions
- Scientific literature search
- Critical appraisal of scientific literature and evidence based guidelines
- Application of research to clinical practice
- Barriers to changing practice
When: 5 month course commencing Monday 25th July 2016
Venue: School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, The Alfred Centre, Melbourne VIC 3004.
Compulsory block days:
Block days 1: Monday 8 August & Tuesday 9 August 2016
Block days 2: Monday 10 October & Tuesday 11 October 2016
Enquiries to Jess Callaghan - email email@example.com or phone +61 3 9903 0305.