Please scroll down for archived years
Engaging frontline staff in changing clinical practice seminar 28th October 2016
Engaging frontline staff requires a much better understanding of how they seek, access and use information. Innovative approaches to improving clinical practice must be designed to respect and enhance the interest of the aged care and health care workforce.
This seminar will present information about the different sources and modes of communicating messages that promote patient and resident safety with a look at how the emerging multi-media formats are being used.
Venue: The Alfred Medical Research and Education Precinct (AMREP) lecture theatre, 75 Commercial Rd, The Alfred, Melbourne Vic 3004.
Event date: Friday 28th October 2016
Event time: 8:45am - 4.45pm (Registration opens at 8:30am)
$165 Early Bird rate (inclusive of GST)* expires 7th Oct
$210 Standard rate (inclusive of GST)*
*Monash staff and student payments via internal transfer are GST exclusive. Email cost centre, fund source to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment is by credit card only. Registration closes 25th October.
Enquiries to Catherine Pound on email@example.com or +61 3 9903 0891.
Seminar program Payment and registration link How to get to the Alfred Accommodation
Emergency Medicine Research Short Course Semester 2, 2016 - Registration closed
- Introduction to research methods used in observational studies
- Practical skills required in the design and assessment of a research project
Protocol design, including study type selection, introduction to questionnaire design, sampling methods, and ethics approval
- Planning data management and statistical analysis and developing a study budget
- Introduction to the role of qualitative research
Evidence Based Medicine
- Appropriately formulate answerable clinical questions
- Scientific literature search
- Critical appraisal of scientific literature and evidence based guidelines
- Application of research to clinical practice
- Barriers to changing practice
When: 5 month course commencing Monday 25th July 2016
Venue: School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, The Alfred Centre, Melbourne VIC 3004.
Compulsory block days:
Block days 1: Monday 8 August & Tuesday 9 August 2016
Block days 2: Monday 10 October & Tuesday 11 October 2016
Enquiries to Jess Callaghan - email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 3 9903 0305.