Monash University Department of Psychiatry sits within the School of Clinical Sciences of the Faculty of Medicine Nursing and Health Sciences based at Monash Health. It leads research and biomedical education and provides the essential interface between research and clinical care.
The Department is comprised of a series of centres or units broken up into the sub-specialities within the discipline of Psychiatry, including Adult Psychiatry, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Aged Psychiatry, Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry, Forensic Psychiatry and Rural Psychiatry.
Monash Health is a tertiary referral hospital serving a population of over one million people. Activities in the Department include undergraduate education in Psychiatry and Clinical psychology, a well-established post-graduate program and major research programs.
- Aged Mental Health Research Unit
- Centre for Developmental Psychiatry and Psychology
- Consultation Liaison Psychiatry
- Southern Synergy
- Psychiatry and Mental Health
Latest School Newsread more headlines
- Monash part of world-first clinical trial for lymphoma patients
- Be Positive: Monash researchers improving screening rates for hepatitis B
- Monash research to improve diet and reduce obesity risk among young adults
- Emergency Department data to reduce alcohol-related harm
- Jim did it - and is close to his $1000 target for Berry Street