Monash University Department of Psychiatry sits within the School of Clinical Sciences of the Faculty of Medicine Nursing and Health Sciences based at Monash Health. It leads research and biomedical education and provides the essential interface between research and clinical care.
The Department is comprised of a series of centres or units broken up into the sub-specialities within the discipline of Psychiatry, including Adult Psychiatry, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Aged Psychiatry, Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry, Forensic Psychiatry and Rural Psychiatry.
Monash Health is a tertiary referral hospital serving a population of over one million people. Activities in the Department include undergraduate education in Psychiatry and Clinical psychology, a well-established post-graduate program and major research programs.
- Aged Mental Health Research Unit
- Centre for Developmental Psychiatry and Psychology
- Consultation Liaison Psychiatry
- Southern Synergy
- Psychiatry and Mental Health
Latest School Newsread more headlines
- Monash study reveals how to achieve better outcomes for hospitalised stroke patients
- Not getting enough sleep is linked to poor diet and obesity
- Muscle mass crucial to preventing bone fractures in young people with cerebral palsy
- Congratulations to Vijesh Vaghjiani on his PhD completion!
- MHTP Clinical Trials Centre a unique Australian resource