The Monash University Department of Medicine at Monash Medical Centre is a leading centre for research and biomedical education. Based at the Monash Health Translation Precinct (MHTP) and supported by state-of-the-art research facilities and technological platforms, the Department provides an essential interface between basic science research and clinical medicine.
Activities of the Department of Medicine include undergraduate education in medicine and biomedical sciences, a well-established postgraduate program, and major research programs.
Research nodes within the Department include the Centre for Inflammatory Diseases, Stroke and Ageing, Neurosciences, the Monash Cardiovascular Research Centre and the Emergency Medicine Research Group.
- Bone and Muscle Health Research
- Centre for Inflammatory Diseases (CID)
- Critical Care Research
- Emergency Medicine
- Haematology/Cancer Research
- Monash Cardiovascular Research Centre
- Neurosciences Research
- Stroke and Ageing Research (STAR)
- Supportive and Palliative Care Unit
Latest School Newsread more headlines
- SCS researcher receives Young Investigator Award
- Victorian low and middle income households experiencing food insecurity
- The Femoral Neck Mechanoresponse to Hip Extensors Exercise: A Case Study
- Dominique Cadilhac et al. published in BMC Medical Research Methodology
- Placental Vitamin D-Binding Protein Expression in Human Idiopathic Fetal Growth Restriction