Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences news archive 2007
Medicine Features from Monash Memo
Faculty News Stories
- 2007-01-01 Monash researchers question the safety of tank water
Description: Monash medical researchers are collaborating with other scientists nationally to assess the safety of drinking water and in particular, tank water.
- 2007-01-05 Government House Open Day
Description: Government House Open Day - All citizens of Victoria and visitors to the State are invited to visit Government House, Melbourne on Australia Day 2007.
- 2007-03-02 School of Biomedical Sciences welcomes Governor of Victoria
Description: The School of Biomedical Sciences welcomed the Governor of Victoria, Professor David de Kretser A.C, to Monash University.
- 2007-03-12 Murtaghs General Practice expanded edition launched
Description: Distinguished alumnus, Professor John Murtagh AM recently celebrated the launch of the fourth edition of his text 'Murtagh's General Practice'.
- 2007-03-14 New direction of stem cell research for Multiple Sclerosis
Description: Professor Claude Bernard from the Monash Immunology and Stem Cell Laboratories (MISCL) has received a $500,000 competitive grant to fund a new direction of research in stem-cell therapies for Multiple Sclerosis (MS) from the MS Society - USA.
- 2007-05-10 New Practice Development course meeting career needs in the health industry
Description: In 2008 Monash University, in conjunction with the University of Ulster will be launching their new Master of Practice Development program.
- 2007-05-15 New course the Master of Medical Radiations (Nuclear Medicine)
Description: Like many undergraduates, Perri Bakamis (pictured) was unsure about her next step following a Science degree at Monash University.
- 2007-06-14 A tribute to Professor Branko Cesnik
Description: A tribute to Professor Branko Cesnik and his life’s work by Professor Michael Kidd
- 2007-06-19 Tim McArdle Memorial Scholarship 2007
Description: Article from The Warragul Gazette 19 June edition.
- 2007-06-22 Transitions: Health and Mobility in Aisa and the Pacific
Description: Conference held in June 2007
- 2007-07-24 Designing individual treatments for coeliac disease
Description: Treatments individually tailored to the 200,000 Australians with coeliac disease are now closer following research by Monash scientists and colleagues into the disease.
- 2007-12-04 New Chancellor Visits SOBS
Description: Incoming Chancellor Dr Alan Finkel met with prominent School of Biomedical Sciences researchers during a bustling two-hour visit in November.
- 2007-12-06 2007 David de Kretser and Lifetime Achievement Medals awarded by Governor
Description: Two leaders in the field of medical research were awarded the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences' most prestigious community awards were presented by the Governor, Professor David de Kretser on December 4.
- 2007-12-13 Monash Researchers Fight Deep Vein Thrombosis
Description: Monash researchers have made a major breakthrough in understanding the way the human body manages blood clotting.
- 2007-12-14 Monash researchers receive four NHMRC awards
Description: Monash University researchers have dominated new National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Awards, taking out a quarter of the prizes at a ceremony in Canberra recently.
- 2007-12-19 No booze during pregnancy the safest option, say Monash developmental scientists
Description: No booze during pregnancy the safest option, say Monash developmental scientists.