Professor Storey is Professor of Neuroscience at Monash University, Central Clinical School (Alfred Hospital campus). His clinical and research interests are in neurogenetics (especially the hereditary ataxias) and behavioural neurology (especially the dementias).
After clinical neurology training in Oxford and Melbourne, and research training at Oxford, Massachusetts General Hospital and with Colin Masters at Melbourne University, Elsdon Storey was appointed as the first Van Cleef Roet Professor of Neuroscience at Monash in 1996. He has authored over 80 research papers and numerous book chapters.
Professor Storey is also Head of the Alfred Neurology Unit. He is on the Council of the Australian and New Zealand Association of Neurologists as Neurology Co-Editor of their official Journal (the Journal of Clinical Neuroscience), is a trustee and scientific advisory committee member of the Bethlehem-Griffiths Research Foundation, and a member of the scientific advisory committees of the Brain Foundation and Neurosciences Victoria.
- Neurobiology of spinocerebellar ataxias (SCAs) type 1 and 3, and Friedreich’s Ataxia (FA)
- Drug therapies in the treatment of animal models of ataxias
- Linkage between ataxia and Coeliac disease
- siRNA interference in Alzheimer’s disease
- Delineation of previously undescribed neurogenetic diseases (in collaboration with the Murdoch Institute)
- Cognitive, retinal and MRI consequences of aspirin in the normal elderly (ASPREE and ENVISion trials in conjunction with Monash DEPM, ANU and Berman Center, Minneapolis).
- Neuropsychological studies in aging and degenerative nervous diseases, including spinocerebellar ataxias, cerebellar strokes, mild cognitive impairment and Coeliac disease (in collaboration with Monash Psychology, La Trobe Psychology and University of Melbourne Psychology)
- Quantitative movement analysis (in collaboration with Monash Gippsland)
- Berman Center
- La Trobe Psychology
- Monash DEPM
- Monash Psychology
- Monash Gippsland
- Murdoch Institute
- University of Melbourne Psychology
Staff & Students
- Prof. Elsdon Storey (Elsdon.Storey@monash.edu)
- Dr Nupur Nag (Nupur.Nag@monash.edu)
- Ms Volga Tarlac (Volga.Tarlac@monash.edu)
- Ms Judy Allen-Graham (Judy.Allen-Graham@monash.edu)
- Ms Perdita Cheshire (Perdita.Cheshire@monash.edu)
- Ms Evelyn Lindsay (email@example.com)
- Mr Michael Valente (firstname.lastname@example.org)