Monash University Central Clinical School’s Department of Medicine within the Division of Clinical Sciences is based at the Alfred Medical Research and Education Precinct (AMREP) in Prahran, Victoria. Co-located with a number of world class research institutions and Alfred Health, the Department of Medicine is a premier centre for clinical and biomedical research and education, offering undergraduate and postgraduate study programs. Research in the Department of Medicine encompasses programs in Dermatology, Developmental biology, Hormones and Vasculature, Molecular Endocrinology, Neuroscience, Oncology, Pathology and Skin Cancer. Many of the research programs are integrated with clinical services at Alfred Health, facilitating the translation of basic research findings to medical practice, therapeutics and improved health care.
Latest news and eventsmore news and events
- Congratulations to Dr Orla Morrissey, new Fellow of the European Confederation of Medical Mycology!
- Malaria vaccines need forethought in development
- Recent CCS publications: Week ending 17 Feb 2017
- Brains of people with diabetes have to work harder
- Designer molecule could treat blood clotting without excessive bleeding