Merck Millipore Best Student Paper Award
Congratulations to the Andrew Clarke from the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology for winning the MBio Merck Millipore Best Student Paper competition.
Andrew is co-first author on the paper "Recognition of beta-linked self glycolipids by NKT cell T-cell antigen receptors" published in Nature Immunology. This publication provides significant insight into the mechanism of Natural Killer T-cell mediated immunity.
Andrew was awarded $2,000 from Merck Millipore.
About the Award
The MBio Graduate School is pleased to offer an award for the best student paper published in a journal. The award recognises the significant contribution made by a MBio Graduate School HDR student to their field of research.
The award is sponsored by Merck Millipore to the value of $2,000.
- The applicant must be a current Higher Degree by Research student within the MBio Graduate School.
- The student must be the first author of the journal article.
- Only journal research articles will be accepted (not reviews, book chapters, conference papers or other non-journal publications).
- Journal articles must be published or accepted for publication in 2011 or 2012 and be based on the original research of the student during their candidature.
- Journal articles that have been accepted but not yet published will be considered. Evidence of acceptance of the journal article for publication must be provided.
- Students may enter more than one journal article.
Journal articles will be judged according to the following criteria:
- The innovation and importance of the work and its contribution to the field.
- The quality of the scientific work.
- The quality and clarity of the writing and presentation.
- If a multi-author paper, the contribution of the student in intellectual input and contribution to the journal article.
- Students are to email the completed application form to Dr Shae-Lee Cox (email@example.com) by Friday 29 June 2012. Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded here or requested from Dr Shae-Lee Cox.
- Journal articles will be reviewed by the selection panel according to the judging criteria (see above).