Cardiovascular Research Unit - Department of Epidemiology & Preventive Medicine
Tapp R, Shaw J, Zimmet P, Balkau B, Chadban S, Tonkin A, Welborn T, Atkins R on behalf of the AusDiab study group. Albuminuria is evident in the early stages of diabetes onset: results from the Australian Diabetes, Obesity and Lifestyle Study (AusDiab). Am J Kidney Dis 2004 Nov;44(5):792-8.
- Tonkin AM. The metabolic syndrome(s)? Current Atherosclerosis Reports 2004;6:165-166.
- Colquhoun D, Keech A, Hunt D, Marschner I, Simes RJ, Glasziou P, White HD, Barter P and Tonkin A. Effects of pravastatin on coronary events in 2073 patients with low levels of both low-density lipoprotein cholesterol and high-density lipoprotein cholesterol: results from the LIPID study. European Heart J. 2004;25:771-777.
Tonkin AM. Surely Polly ‘ll behave and take her pills? The challenge of implementing guidelines. Heart Lung and Circulation 2004;13/1:7-9.
Krum H, TonkinA, Piterman L. Bush telegraph. Improving outcomes for rural and remote patients with chronic heart failure. Aust. Fam. Physician 2004;33:76-77.
Tonkin A. The metabolic syndrome – a growing problem. European Heart J. (suppl.) 2004;6SA:A37-42.
- Krum H, Tonkin AM. Why do phase III trials of promising heart failure drugs often fail? The contribution of “regression to the truth”. J. Cardiac Failure 2003; 9(5): 364-367.
- Nelson MR, Reid CM, Beilin LJ, Donnan GA, Johnston CI, Krum H, Storey E, Tonkin AM and McNeil JJ. Rationale for a trial of low-dose aspirin for major adverse cardiovascular events and vascular dementia in the elderly: Aspirin in Reducing Events in the Elderly (ASPREE). Drugs and Aging 2003; 20(12): 897-903.
- McNeil JJ, Nelson MR and Tonkin AM. The case for public funding of large-scale clinical trials in Australia. Med. J. Aust. 2003; 179:519-520
- Tonkin AM, Lim S, Schirmer H. Cardiovascular risk factors: when should we treat? We need to derive absolute cardiovascular risk functions based on contemporary Australian data. (editorial) Med J Aust 2003; 178:101-102.
- Magliano D, Liew D, Sundararajan V, Ashton E, McNeil JJ. Novel risk factors for cardiovascular disease. J Cardiovasc Risk 2002;10:1-17.
- McNeil J, Peeters A, Liew D, Lim S, Vos T. A model for predicting the future incidence of coronary heart disease within percentiles of coronary heart disease risk, J Cardiovasc Risk 2001, 8:31-37.