Monash University promotes a safe and healthy work environment through its policies and programs and the work of its committees (visit the full list of policies, programs, committee structures and drafts of new policies at the homepage of the Social Justice Unit).
Fundamental principles of diversity and inclusion also underpin all health professions in all work environments - clinical, research and educational. By upholding these values we help all the staff and students of our Faculty to reach their full potential.
Our faculty aims to show leadership in applying the University's policies by supporting staff and students with disabilities, promoting equal opportunity for women in the workplace, and fostering diversity and equity of access for students entering the faculty. We welcome students from around the world and from a range of socioeconomic backgrounds, a cultural diversity that greatly enriches our faculty.
Committees and Policies
- Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Initiatives for 2014
- Diversity and Inclusion Plan 2013-2015
- Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) 2013 - 2014 (PDF 978KB)
- Diversity and Inclusion Committee Agenda and Minutes
- Female staff at Monash
- Equal Opportunity Online Training
- Are You Bring Heard? A Workshop on Voice 2016
- ASPIRE Video
- FMNHS Gender Equity Travel Support Grants - Guidelines
- FMNHS Gender Equity Travel Support Grants - Application Form
- Mental Health and Wellbeing for Staff
- Safer Community Workshops 2016