The Department of Community Emergency Health and Paramedic Practice (DCEHPP) is one of the leading Paramedic Departments in the world. DCEHPP was first established at Monash University in 1999 at the Peninsula Campus, Frankston and today continues to provide excellence in education, research and scholarship.
Nationally we are recognised as producing paramedic graduates of high quality, underpinned by a contemporary pedagogy that is relevant to today’s industry and community needs. Locally, DCEHPP continues to work closely with our industry partners; Ambulance Victoria (AV) and Metropolitan Fire Brigade (MFB).
Since its inception DCEHPP remains the incumbent tertiary provider for AV and its MICA Paramedics and MICA Flight Paramedics, and MFB Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) Program. DCEHPP continues to strengthen its research and scholarship outputs from year to year; this is evidenced by the number of PhD students, peer-reviewed publications, grant funding and student scholars.
To view DCEHPP Annual Reports please see:
Annual Report 2015
Strategic Plan 2015-2018
- Graduate Certificate in Emergency Health (Aeromedical and Retrieval)
- Graduate Diploma of Emergency Health (Intensive Care Paramedicine)
- Masters of Emergency Health
- Download course brochures
- Getting to Peninsula Campus
- Meet our current students
- Meet our graduate students
Paramedics at Monash University
DCEHPP News and Events
- Ala'a Oteir recipient of Doctoral Scholar Award 2015
- DCEHPP and (JUST) sign MoU
- Celebration of the first year of the EMR courses contract
- Experience with the use of ketamine as a pre-hospital analgesic in emergency aeromedical responses
- Monash University paramedic student receives Ambulance Victoria commendation