Welcome to the Central Clinical School’s (CCS) Department of Infectious Diseases (DID). DID offers clinical and biomedical research and education. DID staff, through their joint clinical appointments at Alfred Health’s Infectious Diseases Unit, have expertise in general infectious diseases, tuberculosis, respiratory infections, HIV/AIDS, sexually transmissible infections, and travel related infections. The Department integrates clinical services with clinical and basic science research. The service has a leading research program in HIV. Laboratories are based within the Burnet Institute with a presence within the Central Clinical School.
Latest news and eventsmore news and events
- Congratulations to Dr Orla Morrissey, new Fellow of the European Confederation of Medical Mycology!
- Malaria vaccines need forethought in development
- Recent CCS publications: Week ending 17 Feb 2017
- Brains of people with diabetes have to work harder
- Designer molecule could treat blood clotting without excessive bleeding