Welcome to the Central Clinical School’s (CCS) Department of Infectious Diseases (DID). DID offers clinical and biomedical research and education. DID staff, through their joint clinical appointments at Alfred Health’s Infectious Diseases Unit, have expertise in general infectious diseases, tuberculosis, respiratory infections, HIV/AIDS, sexually transmissible infections, and travel related infections. The Department integrates clinical services with clinical and basic science research. The service has a leading research program in HIV. Laboratories are based within the Burnet Institute with a presence within the Central Clinical School.
Latest news and eventsmore news and events
- Congratulations to Mei Choy, Zhu Tong & Janet Gare on PhD completions!
- Media mention: Dr Neil Bailey in 7 June ABC Catalyst, "The Science of Meditation"
- 29 Jun CCS BMedSc(Hons) information night
- Recent CCS publications: Week ending 17 June 2016
- 12 Oct CCS Public Lecture: Improving trauma injury treatment