CCS Honours Information regarding 2016-2017 entry
Study with us
If you want to help people, have a passion for following your intellectual curiousity in biomedical science and technology and want to open up your career options, take Honours in the Central Clinical School (CCS). CCS has a wealth of research expertise and dedicated researchers with strong clinical connections who are experienced mentors for students.
Monash University’s Central Clinical School (CCS) focuses on translational research – incorporating insights developed from the laboratory bench research to therapies applicable at the patient bedside. Our Departments and affiliates have strong links with health care providers, ensuring that our research can move towards health outcomes as rapidly as possible. Our work provides the springboard for the development of new diagnostics and therapies for a wide range of human diseases – “where research makes a difference”.
The Honours program offers a career path into many areas of medical and clinical research, ranging from research areas in Allergy, Cancer and Burns to Trauma, Diabetes and Heart Diseases.
CCS is located primarily at The Alfred Hospital campus, Prahran, in the new Alfred Medical Research and Education Precinct (AMREP). This precinct houses a number of world renowned research teams from Monash University, The Alfred Hospital, The Baker Heart and Diabetes Research Institute, The Burnet Institute and others. The consortium offers a unique diversity of research strengths and interests aimed at progressing human health.Further Enquiries: Dr Justin Hamilton (Human Pathology Coordinator) and A/Prof Margaret Hibbs (Immunology Coordinator)
T: +61 3 9903 0125 / 9903 0925
E: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Links and downloads
- 2016 CCS Honours Project Handbook
- Faculty student research project database
- 2015 CCS Honours night video playlist
- 2015 CCS Honours night presentation slides
- See also detail for Bachelor of Medical Science (Hons)
- International students (except internal students applying for Honours components of four year degrees) should NOT use these forms. They must apply online through International Admissions: link.
- CCS also has a midyear intake of Honours for the BMedSc, BBiomedSc, BSc and BBiotech undergraduate degrees. Dates and deadlines are posted as confirmed.
Entry streams are:
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (BBiomedSc)
The following two entry streams require the CCS project preference form.
- General Honours Scholarship information
- AMREP Honours Scholarships – apply for $6,000 scholarships to study at AMREP.
- Summer vacation scholarships – pre-intake opportunity for Honours
Contact CCS Student Services Officer, Ms Laisa Tigarea, email email@example.com ph +61 3 99030027