The Central Clinical School’s (CCS) Department of Allergy, Immunology and Respiratory Medicine (AIRMed) has a comprehensive spectrum of expertise in advanced lung diseases including asthma, lung transplantation, cystic fibrosis, pulmonary hypertension, COPD and sleep disordered breathing, allergy and clinical immunology. The Department integrates clinical services with extensive human and experimental research programs, linking senior clinician scientists, bench scientists, allied health professionals, primary care physicians and the community. The clinical and academic base of AIRMed is located at the Alfred Hospital, with experimental and clinical research laboratories located both within the hospital and in the laboratories of related Departments within Central Clinical School.
Latest news and eventsmore news and events
- Congratulations to Mei Choy, Zhu Tong & Janet Gare on PhD completions!
- Media mention: Dr Neil Bailey in 7 June ABC Catalyst, "The Science of Meditation"
- 29 Jun CCS BMedSc(Hons) information night
- Recent CCS publications: Week ending 17 June 2016
- 12 Oct CCS Public Lecture: Improving trauma injury treatment