Monash University offers a 4 year degree program that encapsulates all the requirements to become an accredited radiographer.
- The Monash Bachelor of Radiography and Medical Imaging (Honours) is an integrated academic and clinical course of 4 years duration.
- Students enrolled from 2015 into the BRadMedImag degree course will graduate with Honours.
- The curriculum is student centered and contextualised to professional learning needs. Units of study are integrated vertically and horizontally in relation to the various imaging modalities studied in the course. For example, students only study cross sectional anatomy when learning about imaging modalities capable of generating cross sectional images. This approach is totally integrated with periods of related clinical studies.
- Clinical studies are intimately related to the on-campus teaching activities and are undertaken in block rotations commencing in the first semester of first year.
- Students can expect to gain relevant experience at a wide variety of clinical institutions ranging from Victorian Rural and Regional Hospitals to major metropolitan Melbourne Hospitals with placements in Tasmania, another feature of the course.
- The program prides itself on the strong links it seeks and creates between the classroom and the clinical work place.
Bachelor of Radiography and Medical Imaging
Other relevant information
INTERNAL COURSE TRANSFERS (Current Monash students only)
Students are eligible to apply for an Internal Course Transfer if they have met the prerequisites either in VCE or equivalent or if they completed the equivalent units at Monash and achieved the required average.
For more detailed information regarding the prerequisites please refer to:
2. Application Process
2016 Closing Date: Friday 30 October 2015
- Applications normally open in September
- Applicants who have been shortlisted for an interview will be contacted via their Monash student email account
- Applicants must re-enrol into their current course as notification of the outcome of application will not be available until after the re-enrolment closing date
3. What to submit and where
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Internal Course Transfer Form
- Original Certified copy of ATAR score
- Original Certified copy of VCE study score
NB: If you did not complete Year 12 in Victoria, please provide original certified copies of your year 12 studies.
Applications recieved after the closing date may not be accepted.
We HIGHLY RECOMMEND that students undertake a clinical site visit prior to submitting an application.
Applicants who have been shortlisted will be required to attend, in person, a selection interview which will be held on 20 NOVEMBER 2015. These interviews must be attended in person and WILL NOT BE RESCHEDULED.
Applications should be submitted to:
School of Biomedical Science
Student Service Office
23 Innovation Walk
Monash University, Clayton Campus VIC 3800
- Information on course prerequisites and admission requiremetns can be found through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre guide and Find a Course
- All applications are processes through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Center
- Complete a clinical site visit (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED).
- If shortlisted must attend an interview, in person, which will be held between 5th-8th January 2016. These interviews must be attended in person and WILL NOT BE RESCHEDULED.
- Applicants should check the SPAM/TRASH folders if they have not recieved information
MULTIPLE MINI INTERVIEWS
Monash uses the Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) for selection of students. MMI Stations comprise a series of scenarios and associated questions focusing on an applicant's:
- Communication skills
- Critical thinking and
- Ethical/empathic reasoning.
The MMI consists of five sequential interview 'stations'. At each station the applicant will be interviewed for eight minutes followed by two minutes for scoring and changeover (ie ten minutes per station) with a 'circuit' taking 90-100 minutes to complete.
Applicants will be invited (via email) to attend the MMI which will be held at Clayton campus. Selection for interview is based academic merit.
The Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences sets the dates for interview and applicants must appear during the dates specified. Applicants cannot request a late interview, except under extenuating circumstances supported by documented evidence. For 2016 entry, interviews will be held in January 2016.
Only those applicants who attend an interview will remain in the final ranked list to be eligible for a place.
School of Biomedical Sciences
Student Services Office
23 Innovation Walk
Monash University - Clayton Campus VIC 3800
Email: Enquire Now
Tel: 1800 MONASH (Within Australia)
+61 3 9902 6011 (Outside Australia)