- Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) – satisfactory completion (ie. Pass a minimum of 4 units at level 3 & 4)
- Units 1 and 2 – one of general mathematics or mathematical methods
- Units 2 and 4 – a study score of at least 20 in English (any)
- Middle band selection:
- Applicants who have (a) a study score of 20 in mathematics (any) or in two of chemistry, biology, physics, health and human development = and ENTER 2 points higher.
- Extra requirements:
- All applicants must complete a Nursing/Rural Health Course Application form which can can be downloaded from http://www.med.monash.edu.au/vtac/ As for Nursing (Gippsland).
- Mature age and other provision
Comparable qualifications – applicants may be admitted to the course on the basis of qualifications deemed to be the equivalent of VCE.
- TAFE – Certificate IV in Health (Nursing)
Selection will be based on academic results.
- Other Degrees and Diplomas
Including overseas qualifications.
- Transition Programs
Applicants who do not have these qualifications are encouraged to study at university level two single units, either on-campus, by distance education, through Open Learning Australia or a nursing bridging program.