About Short Courses at BASE
The Department of Nutrition and Dietetics now offers a range of short courses suitable for qualified dietitians, nutritionists and other health professionals such as doctors, nurses and speech pathologists who are interested in nutrition. We offer a range of online and face-to-face courses at various times throughout the year.
Our courses encourage active learning and are learner-centred. You will be supported to "construct" knowledge for yourself through learning resources combined with a series of tasks to complete. For online courses, there will be weekly moderation of discussion groups with the tutor and self-assessment quizzes with example answers meaning no coursework deadlines!
Upon successful completion you will receive a certificate stating the number of hours of professional education - assessed*. Please note the content for our short courses do not provide credit towards Monash University units at undergraduate or postgraduate level. As such the use of self-assessment tasks is commensurate with the short course fees.
Undergraduate students at Monash should not enrol in these courses.
Find out more about
- Introduction to Nutritional Genomics
- Introduction to Paediatric Nutrition for Health Professionals
- Cognitive and Behaviour Change Skills for Dietitians and Nutritionists
- Start Dates and Course Fees
* Online courses attract six (6) hours per module/week of professional education - assessed as per Dietitians Association of Australia.