The Centre for Human Anatomy Education has been established within the Department of Anatomy & Developmental Biology to ensure that undergraduate and postgraduate human anatomy education at Monash is of the highest international standard.
The roles of the Centre include:
- Ensuring that undergraduate and postgraduate anatomy education at Monash is of the highest international standard;
- Collaboration with end users to ensure that anatomy education is relevant to the discipline and efficiently delivered;
- Enhancement of existing approaches and development of novel approaches to anatomy education. The Centre will give particular emphasis to the development and use of IT resources;
- Promotion of cross disciplinary and inter professional approaches to anatomy education
- Conduct of research into the delivery and efficacy of new teaching approaches
- Analysis and reporting on national and international trends in anatomy teaching
For information on demonstrator positions for 2014 please download this flyer.
MED2031 and BMS2011 demonstrators, Semester 1, 2014
Medicine Year 1 and 2 demonstrators, Semester 2, 2013
The Director of the Centre reports to the Head of the Department of Anatomy & Developmental Biology and an Advisory Board which has the following terms of reference :
- To advise the Director and Faculty as to the appropriateness of Anatomy content in programs delivered within the Faculty;
- To advise the Director as to the appropriateness of teaching and learning methods employed within the Faculty;
- To advise the Director in respect of major expenditures in respect of anatomical resources;
- To participate in any National or State bodies interested in furthering Anatomical education.
The Advisory Board meets 2-3 times per year and reports to the Medical Course Management Committee.
The Advisory Board is made up of :
- Chair (Head of Dept of Anatomy & Developmental Biology) – Prof John Bertram
- Director of Centre – Prof Paul McMenamin
- Deputy Director of Centre – A/Prof Tony Buzzard
- A chair of the Medical Course Management Committee - Prof Ben Canny (Deputy Dean Medical MBBS Curriculum)
- Two representatives of the Monash Professors of Surgery - Prof Julian Smith (MMC), Prof Jeffrey Rosenfeld (Alfred)
- Up to three representatives of the Dean - Prof Michael Grigg (Box Hill), Prof Jonathan Serpell (Southern Clinical School),
- Nominated representatives of the senior medical staff of two of the major Monash affiliated networks - Sarah Tan and Hannah Tan
- One nominee of the School of Primary Health Care representing Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy - Dr Prue Morgan (Head, Dept of Physiotherapy)
- One nominee of the Department of Medical Imaging & Radiation Sciences - A/Prof Marilyn Baird
- A fourth or fifth year medical student nominated by MUMUS - Ms Belinda Hibble, President MUMUS
- Up to two other members coopted by the chair in consultation with the Advisory Board - Dr Colin McHenry
- Representative from Monash Malaysian campus (Sunway) - A/Prof Lakshmi Selvaratnam
- Representatives of the Eric Glasgow Foundation - The Honourable Prof Kay Patterson, Dr Sally Cockburn, Chair